6 ways LinkedIn can Help Generating Leads
HubSpot has recently published an interesting free ebook on how to generate leads using LinkedIn. This ebook explores some aspects we can use to improve our presence in the social network, making it a valuable resource for many business. Particularly, there is a section on the ebook focused on different ways to generate leads in LinkedIn, which we summarize in this post considering it a very relevant content for our readers:
- LinkedIn Answers: LinkedIn Answers is an underused, totally unkonwn tool to most people. In fact, we like to consider ourselves active users of LinkedIn, but had never taken advantage of this tool (although we certainly will and tell our experience). LinkedIn Answers can be seen as a kind of business oriented Quora, so if you answer questions about a particular topic regularly, will be perceived as an expert for the people who made the questions or the rest of users that read the answers, turning you in a suitable candidate for any services they need.
- LinkedIn Applications: It makes very easy to add applications to your LinkedIn account, allowing to use widgets to show the lasts posts on your blog or make an online poll.
- LinkedIn Groups: It is obvious that joining and participating in groups of your knowledge area reinforces your image within the sector, thus creating new opportunities. But it is also true that joining groups out of your industry can also help you grow your business. For instance, if you are a web designer, besides joining web design groups, you could consider joining groups concerning start-ups, eCommerce and other related areas where your services may be required.
- LinkedIn People: Thaks to the powerful social graph that LinkedIn represents, we can guess what is the best gateway to get access a particular company. We just have to search for our target company and explore the connections we have with them. At the top right of the company page we can find our first level connections (direct contacts) and, if we do not have any, it shows second level contacts. If we want to use this method, our contact links must always be up to date.
- LinkedIn Ads: LinkedIn has its own advertising program, which we can use to bring potential customers to our landing page, LinkedIn group or wherever we consider. Ads are similar to Google’s but CPC and CPM are usually higher. Moreover, given the scope of LinkedIn, for a B2B ads on LinkedIn may have a greater impact than those shown to a more much general people on Google.
- LinkedIn Mobile: LinkedIn mobile app is a great tool to use outside your workplace, since it allows to store your contacts in a quick and easy way (as quick and easy as putting two mobiles in a close range) and also helps getting information from the person you are talking to very quickly.