Consumers are increasingly using cross-platform devices, especially smartphones, to enhace their in-store shopping experience. That’s the reason our friends of DigitasLBI have made a study about consumer shopping behaviour across twelve countries: Belgium, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, United-Kingdom and the USA.
Smartphones are increasingly important during all stages of the consumer journey
- Most people still purchase online via computers rather than through mobile or smart TVs.
- 34% of smartphone users have bought a product via smartphone in the last three months.
New Role of Point of Sales and Emerging Shopping Behaviors: ROPO and Showrooming
- 88% of smartphone users report that they use their smartphones before purchasing in store.
- 20% of smartphone users purchase from their mobile.
- 72% of smartphone users have used their mobile in store.
The influence of social media varies widely by country:
- 40% of social network users have shared a purchase via a social media a platform.
- It is most common in China, Singapore, Spain, Italy and the US.